In Memoriam: Eric Flint

 Life comes at you fast.


It must have been 25 years ago that I'd heard of Eric Flint.  I got him confused with Kenneth Flint, who's Riders of the Sidhe I read as a kid.

Of his works, the two series I was/am most familiar with were the Ring of Fire series, and of couse the Belisarius series.  The later because of Baen Books and David Drake.  

As I'd said in the welcome post, this blog and the writings that will be forthcoming are inspired by the works or Eric Flint and David Drake.  It was just this morning, in a burst of creativity that the world got its name "Davric" taken from their first names.  I was hoping to have more content on the blog before I wrote to both men to thank them for its inspiration.  Not to ask them to read it, I don't feel pretentious enough to ask professional authors to read my scribblings. Just to say, "You inspired this.  Thank you." Today was the day I started.  The day I moved from notes in a facebook group to actually organizing the thoughts and dreams.

Now I will never get to send him that e-mail.  

The world is wonderful.  I've corresponded with various authors over the years, and a few actors as well.  I'm sure their replies are minor to them, but that they took the time to reply means a lot to this old hermit.

So rest in peace, Mr. Flint.  Your work inspired me, and I am sure countless others.  The world is lessened by your passing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tamlin, canvasses of the gods.

Dwarves of Davric, escapees from subterranean seas

Welcome to the World of Davric!